Now that you have your personnummer you can apply for your identity card. This acts as a proof of civil registration and of identity in Sweden. You can apply for this at Skatteverket but only after you’ve received your personnummer by post.
- Be registered in Sweden and have a personnummer
- Over 13 years of age
- Have a receipt for the pre-paid fee
- Proof of ID already [passport]
- Permission from a guardian if you are under the age of 18.
When you apply for a ID card, there are a some things you need to bring with you to Skatteverket.
- Proof of who you are…Passport
- Proof of payment
- Proof of permission from a guardian if you are under the age of 18
- Documentation from Skatteverket with your newly registered personnummer.