June – Aug 2019, 10 – 17, Historiska Museet, Narvavägen 13–17, Stockholm
The Swedish History Museum is hosting their sommarlov programme of Viking History. Try out all sorts of things reminiscent of the Viking age in Scandinavia. Be a viking for a day!
- Try out archery, tug-of-war, holmgang, nine men’s morris and the magic maze.
- Bake Viking bread and tend the kitchen garden.
- Play in the Viking tent and dress up in Viking outfits.
- Visit the site of the Norse gods.
- Try your hand at Viking crafts.
- Learn all about runes
- The Viking Exhibition
- Free daily guided tours, in English, at 12.00 and 13.00, in Swedish at 14.00.
- Read more about the worlds and beings of Norse mythology.